Top 4 delicious almond flour recipes to try
If you are looking for delicious almond flour recipes, you have come to the right place. These are easy to do. Try these delicious recipes today! Whether you’re looking for breakfast, lunch, or dinner ideas, there’s definitely a recipe here that will do the trick.
10 health benefits of almond flour
If you’ve been on a gluten-free diet or have celiac disease, you’re probably no stranger to almond flour recipes. This finely ground flour is made from almonds and is a popular alternative to wheat or all-purpose flour. Almond flour is a great way to add extra protein and fiber to your diet.
Not only does it impart a subtle nutty flavor to baked goods, it is also loaded with health benefits.
Here are ten reasons why you should add almond flour to your must-have ingredient list:
- It is rich in fiber. Almond flour is a great source of dietary fiber, which can help you stay regular and support healthy digestion. One serving of almond flour provides about 20% of your daily fiber requirement.
- Almond flour helps regulate blood sugar. It can help improve blood sugar control and insulin sensitivity.
- It is low in carbohydrates. Almond flour recipes are perfect for those on a low-carb diet. It’s also a good choice for people on a low-carb diet.
- Almond flour is gluten free. It is a great choice for people with allergies or food sensitivities. Which also makes it a good option for people with celiac disease.
- It is low in sugar. The low sugar content makes it a good choice for diabetes or blood sugar issues.
Protein can help you maintain muscle mass as you lose weight. One cup of almond flour provides about 60% of your recommended daily protein intake!
- Almond flour is rich in antioxidants. These can protect your body from harmful free radicals. Preparing almond flour recipes will give your body antioxidants.
- It is rich in vitamins and minerals. Almond flour is rich in magnesium, potassium and vitamin E which are beneficial for health.
- Almond flour is rich in monounsaturated fat. These fats are healthy for the heart and can improve heart health.
- He has anti-inflammatory properties. It can help reduce the risk of heart disease and diabetes.
4 almond flour recipes to try in the kitchen
Wondering how to use almond flour? Check Out These Best Almond Flour Recipes! There’s something for everyone, from delicious breakfast ideas to easy dessert recipes.
Almond flour is a great gluten-free and grain-free alternative to wheat flour, and it’s perfect for baking. So what are you waiting for? Start cooking!
Soft almond flour pancake
- 1/2 cup almond milk (unsweetened)
- Four large eggs
- A ripe banana
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups of almond flour / almond flour
- Pinch of salt
- Any vegetable oil for frying pancakes (avocado, coconut, etc.)
For the garnishes
- Seasonal fruits
- Honey or maple syrup (for drizzling)
How? ‘Or’ What
- Combine almond milk, vegetable oil, eggs, baking powder, almond flour and salt in a blender. Mix until the mixture is smooth and the dough is sufficiently smooth.
- Place your non-stick skillet over medium heat. Heat 1 teaspoon of your favorite vegetable oil. Pour in 1/4 cup of batter.
- Using your spatula, spread it out and gently flatten it. Cook, 1 to 2 minutes, until bubbles appear.
- Then turn your pancake and cook the other side for two minutes. Or until your pancake turns golden.
- Repeat the steps with the rest of the dough.
- Drizzle with honey or maple syrup.
- Put some fresh fruit on it. Serve hot.
POINT: In this almond flour recipe, you can replace the vegetable oil for frying with almond butter.
Gluten Free Banana Almond Flour Bread
- 2-3 ripe bananas (mashed)
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil (1 tablespoon extra for greasing the pan)
- A teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar / 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Three large eggs (stored at room temperature)
- 1/4 cup flax seeds (ground)
- 2 cups of almond flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon (ground)
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (additional 2 tbsp for chips)
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
How? ‘Or’ What
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Then grease your bread pan (9 Ã 5 or 8 Ã 4 inches) with a teaspoon of oil. Place a sheet of baking paper in the middle. Let the excess paper hang down the sides. This will help you remove the bread easily.
- Using a medium bowl, combine and whisk together the mashed bananas, eggs, oil, coconut sugar (or honey / maple syrup), vanilla extract and apple cider vinegar of Apple.
- Whisk the flax seeds, cinnamon, baking soda, almond flour, salt and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients. Then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Place the formed dough in the greased pan (step # 1). Spread the top to smooth, then sprinkle with chocolate chips. Gently press down on the surface.
- Bake the sandwich bread for 55 to 60 minutes or until golden brown. If a toothpick in the center comes out clean, it’s good.
- Let this almond flour recipe cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Then place it on a cooling rack.
- Slice and serve.
Almond Flour Paleo Brownies
- Four large eggs (stored at room temperature)
- 1 cup pecans or walnuts (divided and chopped)
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil (melted then cooled)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
For the chocolate coulis (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of dried strawberries
- 2 oz. chocolate chips
How? ‘Or’ What
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Arrange parchment paper on an 8 Ã 8 square baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the cocoa powder and almond flour until there are no more lumps.
- Pour in the maple syrup, coconut oil, eggs, vanilla extract. Then whisk until the mixture is smooth.
- Combine 1/2 cup of walnuts.
- Move the dough into the pan with the parchment paper. Then using your spatula, spread it in the mold.
- Garnish with the remaining walnuts / pecans.
- Bake it for 35-40 minutes. Once you’ve inserted a toothpick in the middle and it comes out clean (or with tiny crumbs), it’s already cooked.
- Let cool for 5 minutes. Then remove it from the mold and transfer it to a cooling rack. Let cool before slicing.
- If you are using a chocolate drizzle, prepare it by placing the chocolate chips in a bowl. Then melt it in the microwave at 30 second intervals. Mix them between toasts.
- Top brownie with melted chocolate and dried strawberries.
- Slice this almond flour recipe before serving.
Banana Almond Flour Muffins
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup of walnuts (finely chopped)
- 3 large eggs (beaten)
- 1/4 cup almond milk or whole coconut milk (unsweetened)
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium bananas)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
POINT: All of the almond flour recipes listed above go great with toppings like cream cheese frosting or whipped cream.
Key to take away
Like oatmeal, almond flour is a versatile ingredient that can be used in sweet or savory dishes. Also, a great ingredient if you prefer gluten-free cooking. We hope you try these almond flour recipes and enjoy them as much as we do! Good luck trying all of the above recipes and good food!