Rose Day 2022: 10 health and beauty benefits of this flower as you kick off Valentine’s Day 1 week
Roses for Rose Day: Health and Beauty Benefits | Photo credit: iStock Images
- February 7 is Rose Day every year, marking the start of Valentine’s Day week.
- Every part of the rose flower has health and/or beauty benefits.
- Rose water is created by distilling rose petals with steam and also has several health benefits.
From time immemorial, the humble rose flower has been used and recommended for various ailments. You will be amazed to discover that a rose flower can actually shower you with many health benefits.
- Get rid of acne: Naturally antibacterial, Rose contains phytochemicals; nerol, geraniol and citronellol which are effective against many strains of microbes and bacteria. If you suffer from acne and are looking for natural aids to deal with it, rose water might help. Moreover, the presence of phenylethanol, an antiseptic compound, makes rose water effective against acne.
- Pink way to lose weight: Who would have imagined that throwing a few rose petals into your breakfast salad would curb the cravings that are likely to follow later in the day? Rose petals contain compounds that improve metabolism. Rose petals also help eliminate toxins from the body, thus aiding in weight loss. Boil a glass of water and add a few (15-20) rose petals to it. When the water turns pink, turn off the gas flame; add a pinch of cinnamon powder and a spoonful of honey. Drink this tea regularly (preferably in the morning) and watch the unwanted fat disappear within the next few days.
- Rose oil to fight against aging; skin rejuvenation formula: No wonder rose is added to so many cosmetics. Rose essential oil is antioxidant by nature and extremely effective in fighting the signs of aging. It banishes free radicals that cause fine lines and wrinkles while helping you repair UV damage. Rose oil can help regulate skin’s moisture levels and keep it looking plump, hydrated, and healthy.
- Source of Vitamin C: The rosehip plant is a brilliant source of vitamin C – and this potency diminishes when the petals are collected and dried, they still contain a beneficial amount. Vitamin C helps fight skin aging as it supports skin cells against free radicals. Rose petals also fight skin aging by increasing collagen production, leaving skin creamy and healthy (youthful).
- Rose to energize your love life: Roses are also a natural aphrodisiac and help ignite passion. Ayurveda considers roses to be an effective herbal medicine to help a person feel sexually active by acting on two essential doshas in our body, which in turn regulate the heart, mind and nervous system.
- Beauty aid for pink lips: Make a lip mask by crushing rose petals in a spoonful of milk cream (malai) and a few drops of honey. Crush and/or grind. Make fresh batter every time. Apply to lips, leave on for 15-20 minutes. Wash off with clean water.
- Treatment of stress and depression: Rose petals can help soothe a stressed and overly pensive mind. Doctors warn us against letting fatigue or stress invade our bodies. These may give way to insomnia and restlessness, and soon to irritability and frigidity. Research shows that a rose petal bath helps relieve and lessen these symptoms to a great extent. However, you should always consult your advisor or doctor.
- Treatment of piles: Crush the petals of a rose in half a cup of water using a mortar and pestle – and drinking this thick crush on an empty stomach every morning for 3 days helps relieve the painful condition of the Battery. The fiber and water content of roses helps eliminate toxins from the body. Moreover, they are quite effective against hemorrhages and act as an instant aid to fight pain. Here are the top 9 natural remedies to fight the symptoms of hemorrhoids.
- Rose water as an astringent: Rose water is created by distilling rose petals with steam. Rose water is fragrant and is sometimes used as a mild natural fragrance as an alternative to perfumes containing chemicals. Rose water helps treat skin irritations in sensitive skin, balances oily skin, softens and tones the skin. As rose petals contain antioxidants and antibacterial compounds, they soothe the skin and relieve irritation and excessive itching.
- Cure a sluggish liver: Our hectic lifestyles can sometimes strain the liver. No need to hit the system with more drugs and chemicals. If you feel your insides need a boost, turn to rose petals to help clear a congested, overworked liver. Its decongestant antioxidant properties will help get everything moving and give your digestive tract a boost.
Disclaimer: The tips and suggestions mentioned in the article are for general information purposes only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your physician or healthcare professional if you have specific questions about any medical topic.
Get the latest health news, healthy eating, weight loss, yoga and fitness tips, more updates on Times Now