Add the goodness of oats to your diet with these 3 recipes
With everyone becoming more and more diet conscious, they are constantly looking for healthy food options! And we can’t just ignore oats. Oats are one of the healthiest cereals in the world. They contain significant amounts of essential vitamins, minerals, fiber and antioxidants and are gluten-free whole grains. According to studies, oats and oatmeal have many health benefits, including lower blood sugar, weight loss, and lower risk of heart disease. According to a study published by the powerhouse PubMed and presented simultaneously by the Royal Society of Chemistry, oats are also able to reduce bad cholesterol levels.
Now that we know the benefits of oats, let’s see how we can add it to our diet in an interesting way.
Health Shots offers you 3 great ways to add the goodness of oats to your diet:
1. Chocolate-banana-oatmeal smoothie
Priyanka Neil Mhatre, popular as @the_pink_kettle, shared this recipe via an Instagram post. She adds healthy oats to this delicious recipe.
This delicious creamy chocolate smoothie bowl is ideal for breakfast after being topped with fresh bananas, pumpkin seeds and chia seeds for extra crunch and nutrition. This bowl of goodness comes together in 10 minutes and is so simple to make!
Preparation time – 10 minutes
1/2 cup banana
1/2 cup instant oats
1 tablespoon of chia seeds
2 tablespoons coconut powder
2 tablespoons of honey
1/2 cup of milk
* In a bowl, add the banana, instant oats, chia seeds, cocoa powder, honey and finally add the milk.
* Mix it and serve it in a bowl.
* Garnish with banana, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds and enjoy!
2. Oatmeal Pancake
Who doesn’t love pancakes? What if they were also healthy? When your favorite food is available in a healthy way, it’s a total win-win situation, isn’t it? Nutritionist Nidhi Gupta aka @fitnesswithnidhi on Instagram, shared a tasty and healthy recipe for oatmeal pancakes.
Serving – 3
1 1/2 cup rolled oats
2 small bananas
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon of honey
Room temperature milk – 1/2 cup and you can add more to adjust the consistency
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
dark chocolate chips
* Mix all the ingredients to form a smooth paste.
* Now add the batter to the greased pan.
* Use 1/4 cup to pour the batter in order to have an even amount.
* This batter can give you 10-12 small pancakes
Also Read: Eat Oatmeal These 4 Ways If You’re Thinking About Losing Weight
3. Oats rava uttapam
This uttapam is very easy and healthy for breakfast or a light lunch. They are quick to make and taste really good. A bonus point? They are also suitable for children. Karishma Mehta who is on Instagram as bowledoverbykari shared her rava uttapam oatmeal recipe.
1 cup oats
1 cup rava (semolina)
1/2 cup of yogurt
1 cup of water
1 small onion diced
1 small diced tomato
1/2 bell pepper, diced
2 green chillies, diced
1 teaspoon chopped ginger
Coriander to taste
Salt to taste
* In a bowl, mix the rolled oats, semolina and water. Let stand 30 minutes.
* After 30 minutes, add the onion, tomato, yogurt and salt and stir until smooth.
* It should neither be too thick nor too thin.
* Heat a frying pan and add a little oil and the dough in the shape of a round disc.
* Cook for 10 minutes until crispy on the other side, then flip and cook for another 10 minutes.
* Serve hot with a chutney or coconut chutney.
* Try these healthy oatmeal recipes and make your breakfast interesting and different every day.